Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mission Accomplished


After countless empty-handed shopping trips looking for pillows for our living room, I decided the only way to get what I really wanted was to make my own. It had been a while since I used my sewing machine but after a few quick youtube refresher videos, I was good to go. After all, I do have a Mom who practically made my entire wardrobe as a child. I also spent the first year of college taking several design classes so it would be pretty pathetic if I didn't have any skills left!

My goal was to make our dark and boring sofa come alive without buying a new one! (If it weren't so freakin' comfortable, I would have parted with it by now!) I found a really great fabric store in the city and snatched up some bright and interesting fabrics to use. I will definitely be making a trip back there soon and adding to my collection.






This space definitely needed some cheerful elements to it. The color palette and mix of patterns is a bit crazy, but in the end I think it works well. Mission accomplished.
Oh, and the best part is that each pillow cost around $8.00 to make.

On a side note, here are my coffee table details. 


 I hope you've enjoyed and happy Wednesday. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment